Bob Saget Supports the Olsen Twins’ Decision Not to be in “Fuller House”

470

Bob Saget talked to ET about Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s decision not to make an appearance on Fuller House.

“People should do what they want with their lives, and when they’re 9 months old and they get a job, [they have a right to stop doing it],” he told ET’s Deidre Behar at the red carpet of Stand Up for Pits benefit in Hollywood on Sunday. “I love them very very much, Ashley and Mary-Kate, and they love what they do and acting is not what they want to do.”

Saget, who revealed his engagement to Kelly Rizzo recently, also discussed another Full House co-star, John Stamos, who proposed to girlfriend Caitlin McHugh last month.

“I love his fiancee, I love Caitlin. I’m happy for both of them. He’s my brother, so I have a sister-in-law,” the 61-year old actor shared.

When asked whether Stamos will soon join him in the fatherhood club, Saget joked, “I got nothing to do with that! “When it happens, I’d love to be around. I’ll take selfies.”

Saget also discussed about the importance of the Sunday’s event.

“I’m here to help pitbulls, because they are abused and they are hurt and with all that’s going on right now in the world, human beings are abused and they are hurt and so my heart is exploding in wanting to entertain and perform and do whatever I can do,” he explained. “So when Bill Burr called me and said, ‘This is such a great cause, Rebecca is a great lady, it’s an amazing thing,’ I said, ‘Just tell me when to be there.'”