New details are emerging regarding the incidents that lead to the abrupt suspension of the production on season four of Bachelor in Paradise, and which contestants are at the center of controversy, ET reports.
A source told ET that when the cast first arrived to shoot the new season in Mexico, they were “drinking all day, having a good time… the guys and girls were bopping around, talking to everyone, trying to make connections.”
According to ET, DeMario Jackson, who was previously a contestant on the current season of The Bachelorette, was soon approached by Corinne Olympios, who notably competed for Nick Viall’s heart on the latest season of The Bachelor.
“DeMario was in the pool,” the source revealed. “Next thing you know,Corinne comes over and hops on his lap. They start talking and joking.”
The insider says that things quickly escalated between the two, leading them in getting hot and heavy together.
“Everyone is just going about their business. Cameras are rolling. Producers are everywhere,” the source shared. “That’s when a ‘third party’ felt uncomfortable, claiming misconduct in the workplace. As of right now, production of Paradise is suspended indefinitely. And they are sending everyone home and telling everyone else to stay home. DeMario and Corinne got sent home soon after.”
The insider said that the “third party” who made the complaint was a producer on the show. But the source said that the producers on the show encouraged Jackson and Olympios to get together.
It’s uncertain when the interaction between Jackson and Olympios took place. As for the rest of the cast, a group of Paradise contestants were seen by fans at the airport in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico, on Sunday morning.
On Sunday afternoon, Warner Bros. released a statement, “We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”
According to E! News, prior to the suspension announcement, the filming for season four of ABC reality dating show, which previously announced its full cast this week, had been in full swing and was set to premiere on Tuesday, Aug. 8.